Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: HELP recovering back rent from subletters

Posted by Anna on September 02, 1999 at 12:02:16:

In Reply to: HELP recovering back rent from subletters posted by Lizzie Harris on September 01, 1999 at 19:04:44:

: HELP!!!!
: I subletted rooms to two people in Albany NY, and then hurt my back. The landlord is a great friend of mine and let the three of us out of the lease. Problem. I am now handicapped, living in NH, and one of the people is still over 1000 dollers in arrears to me. Can I recover these costs without having to travel to ALbany NY? Does anyone know a good lawyer in Albany?

Check the NH section on TenantNet Home and follow the links. Usually, you (plaintiff/complainant) sue in a Small Claims court in the state/city they live in. Read also the Small Claims section, hiding under NYC Housing Court on the main page.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name