Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: finding an apartment in astoria

Posted by richard on August 25, 1999 at 18:19:18:

In Reply to: finding an apartment in astoria posted by france on August 25, 1999 at 15:43:10:

If you have ample income to rent, why don't you have ample income to buy a co-op?

Or else you should move farther out of the city....

It is a shame people wont rent to families, but the truth is some people really,really like peace and QUIET.....
And since they have most of their assets tied up in their home....
they do have a right to place restrictions on who is going to rent their apartment.

So why not get the family involved and rustle up a down paymnet and buy something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

: i have a good job, i have a loving family, i'm honest and upright, why can't i find an apartment in astoria, queens? because i have three children (8,10,12) and NOBODY accepts children. i have ample income to rent a three bedroom, but i've been lied to and double crossed for the two months that i have been seriously looking. do i have any resources? any rights? i've been told by agents that they don't even deal with people with children. i've been told by apartment owners that children make too much noise and use too much water. i don't know where to go anymore. we're (all five of us-including my husband) all staying in my mom and dad's four room apartment. is there anyway around this situation?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name