Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: JP ....and your hubby

Posted by richard on August 24, 1999 at 18:57:37:

In Reply to: Re: Landlord wants to show apartment posted by JP on August 24, 1999 at 15:06:19:

Come on JP...think! your apartment is at risk, you husband has to apoligize and try to make things right.

He doesn't have a choice.......it doesn't matter if he thinks he's right...he doesn't own the place the LL does.

And if your hubby is REALLY REALLY SINCERE about the apology maybe the LL will give you more time,
or at the least it would look good for you in front of a Judge.

: :Is it illegal to not allow him in? If it is illegal then maybe I could convince my husband. He is insisting on not and I'm caught in between. There is no way that he will apologize to the Landlord because he doesn't feel he's in the wrong.
:

: You are a month-to-month tenant. Generally, the terms of the original lease carry over into the month-to-month tenancy.

: : Two weeks notice is a lot. Unless the original lease required written notice, a verbal notice should be enough. In view of the problems with you and your husband, I'm surprised that the landlord didn't send a written notice by certified or registered mail.

:
: :
: : : It's me again. The LL is pressuring me to
: : allow him to show the apartment. My husband has
: : already informed him we would call the cops if he tries. Can this hurt my case in court? My LL
: : states I am violating his rights. Can I hold him
: : off until this matter gets settled
: : : in court? What other options do I have. The
: : verbal agreement did not make any provisions for
: : LL entry but the original lease has a 4 months
: : showing prior to end of lease with proper
: : notification. Does this have to be in writing or can he verbally give notice? He told us 2 weeks
: : ago.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name