Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need Advice !!!

Posted by Will on August 24, 1999 at 08:38:28:

In Reply to: Need Advice !!! posted by Jon on August 23, 1999 at 16:39:16:

the rent must be good because I can't figure why you won't move out. But since there was a rug in there to begin with when you leave their better be a rug in there. Most coop rules require 70-80% of the living area be rugged. So get the cheapest rug you can find and cover 70-80% of the floor. And keep the reciept and take pictures. Because the last thing you need is to be sued for the cost of an "expesive" rug the landlord buys....

Will

: I subleted a Co-op from a relative about three years ago in terrible condition. I signed a one year lease originally but have not signed anything since, although my lease has been renewed with the Co-op board every year since. It has been turbulent with the landlord ever since I moved in; with incidents of unnotified entry,outrageous rent increases and capital improvements that were not reimbursed. when doing the capital improvements I ripped out the carpet, which had never been replaced, to varnish the floors. I have since moved out and I found out through the landlord that is against co-op rules not to have carpet on the floor and is looking to have me replace it and is looking to take me to court if I dont.I dont have the money,he never told me while I was living there and he is pretty unreasonable to deal with. What should I do!?!?!?!?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name