Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: .......JP STILL DOESN'T GET IT

Posted by JP on August 22, 1999 at 07:36:12:

In Reply to: .......JP STILL DOESN'T GET IT posted by richard on August 22, 1999 at 00:59:01:

: I have always been an excellent tenant and this should not be about whether my landlord likes my husband or not. He should just not deal with him. I should
: be able to bewith whomever I want and not feel threatned that I'm going to lose my apartment! He has to be in some violation for this!!!
: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
:
: JP.......its the landlords house not yours.........

: It is a Right of ownership our courts have given over the last 200 years if you live in the house you have the right to say who lives there.

: If he was an absetee Landlord you would be in better standing..but when the LL Lives on the premisis... YOU have to play by his rules!
: The probem is your husband...PERIOD!

: Part2

: I reread this and JP What makes you think that the LL owes you an Apartment?

: The LL did you a favor your husband moved out...good riddens.......He let you have an apartment at a reasonable rent,
: Its obvious the problem is YOUR HUSBAND...... he must have pissed off the LL and doesnt want him there....

: Since you will never have enough money to buy you own place, just think how you would react if you had to deal with
: Totally selfish, inconsiderate slugs like you.... He doesnt want you there

: So if he raises the rent $500 its his right to.

: Its his home and if you want to live there BUY IT FROM THE LANDLORD!

: ....This should give all you tenant slugs a warning, BE nice to the LL, pay your rent with a SMILE!
: Ask nicely if things break, dont call him up at all hours for minor things, Hey its because
: New York City has the worst housing crisis in 30 years

: SO...you have to play by his rules....If he doesnt like you or your husband...
: Why should he be forced to look at you two?

: There are enough tenants who he will like out there....so my advice:

: GET RID OF THE HUSBAND OR MOVE!

:

Thanks for your opinion. I plan on obtaining a lawyer and fighting the eviction
based on the advice I received from DK. I will try hard to make sure that my LL
doesn't try this again. If he wants to be that picky he should not have ever rented
the apartment. LL's can't assume that they're going to like everyone or that you need
to. He gets his rent paid on time, we follow the rules! I deserved a right to renewal
of my lease, I will not be refused that right based on discrimination! This will
be my last posting. I will follow-up after the ruling by Housing.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name