Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: unwanted "sub-tenant"

Posted by Mark Smith on August 18, 1999 at 16:36:34:

In Reply to: unwanted posted by m. on August 18, 1999 at 14:48:14:

I'm sorry that you didn't enter into a written sublease, for a fixed term, with the landlord's consent. Then this woman could remain in the apartment until the end of the sublease.

How could you possibly think that what you are trying to do is right? Is it her fault that you didn't get the new apartment? You won't get any information or sympathy from me.

: i have the lease on a rent-stabilized apartment.
: i arranged to have a friend move into my room (the other room is occupied by a non-lease-holder who is
: long-term, no-hassle roommate)while i moved into another (nicer) apartment. that apartment fell through, and i want to move back into the apartment i hold the lease on.
: she has occupied the room for one week-- the day she moved in, august 1st, i told her i needed to move back in and asked that she move out by september 1st.
: she is resisting me verbally-- not threatening legal action, but i am afraid she will simply try to stay in the apartmentand refuse to leave. \
: is asking her to leave within my rights as a leaseholder-- and does she have any rights?
: is she a squatter? what does that mean legally? i think i'm being generous, considering the fact that she never gave me a deposit and we have nothing on paper.

: i am trying to be informed in case she tries anything...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name