Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Can son take over absentee father's lease ?

Posted by Mark Smith on August 12, 1999 at 17:25:25:

In Reply to: Can son take over father's lease ? posted by Robert on August 12, 1999 at 00:04:58:

Assuming that your father's apartment is rent stabilized, your father would have to move back into the apartment at the end of the sublease, and you could move in with him. After you have lived with your father for two years, your father could move out and you could take over the apartment.

: I've moved back to NYC, and my dad has a 2-bedroom apt that he's been subletting
: to someone else for two years. The lease is up in Nov and the landlord is
: asking my father if he's going to move back into the apt. I lived in this apt
: from 1976-1982, but was never on the lease - anyone know of a way to "takeover"
: or "cosign" the lease, the sublessee is OK with moving out. And at a later
: time I may want to give the lease back to my father.

: thanks, Robert.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name