Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: When should I receive my contract?

Posted by Richard on July 10, 1999 at 11:54:52:

In Reply to: When should I receive my contract? posted by Lucia on July 09, 1999 at 23:03:05:

I would be on the phone EVERY DAY untill I recieved the lease, UH DUH they could FED EX it!, a whole $10.

: I will be moving from Indiana to East Lansing, Michigan, this upcoming Fall and I wil describe my prolem below. Please help!!!!!!

: When my husband and I discussed the details of our lease for the upcoming year with the landlord, on June 14, it was decided that our contract would start on August 1st. Not having heard from the landlord 18 days after our application was submitted (our credit is spotless and the credit verification never took more than a couple of days), we called her long distance to know what was going on. At that occasion, we were informed that our lease would start on July 15 and that we had misunderstood the dates when we first talked. We realized then that we did not have any written document to prove our side and, as the apartment was very nice, we decided to let it go and take it anyway. Moreover, we live in Indiana (my husband was hired by MSU) and another trip to East Lansing to look for housing would be highly inconvenient at this point. The landlord also said that the leasing contract would be mailed immediately, because we needed something from the notary here in Bloomington. Until this date, July 9, we did not receive our contract neither heard from the management. We were waiting for the contract to start our moving arrangements, thus we are not ready to move on the 15, especially because we will be moving to another state. Questions: do we have the right to have our lease beginning date postponed? Is there a law that protects the tenants against this kind of problem? How long before the beginning of the lease period must a landlord submit a contract to a tenant? Can you help me? Thanks! //LFP

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name