Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Need advice on Supreme Court .

Posted by Israel on June 29, 1999 at 13:39:34:

In Reply to: Need advice on Supreme Court . posted by John F on June 29, 1999 at 11:56:10:

Look for a new place, one with more than six families in the building. Use the money to move and document everything the landlord says and does. Any paperwork like lease, rent receipts or canceled checks are in your favor. A Judge will allow you time to move. Just don't be forced out.
The landlord can't sue for the back rent, he doesn't have the proper paperwork for a multiple dwelling. Keep it and move.

: My landlord had served me a 30-day notice in Jan, and has since tried to evict me in the resolution part of the court system. (Holdover) As of today, his attorney has dismissed the case there, and is going to bring it up in Brooklyn Supreme Court. The house is a 2 family that was illegally converted into a 4 family. The C of O says it is a 2 family dwelling.

: What are my chances in Brooklyn State Supreme Court? What is the procedure that needs to be followed? Does it matter that it is an illegal dwelling, should I call for a city inspection?

: It's not that I don't want to leave, I need time, but the LL does not want to give any.

: Thanks in advance

: John

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name