Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Another question re: Eviction in Supreme Court

Posted by sharon on June 22, 1999 at 07:58:45:

In Reply to: Another question re: Eviction in Supreme Court posted by Pat on June 18, 1999 at 06:55:22:

If your lawyer was fired, then the firm would substitute that lawyer with another.
Contact the disciplinary committee at the bar association if you were just dropped.
You can only take your landlord to court at the civil court housing part with an HP Action for repairs or if you have been locked out.
You can sue your landlord in civil court main fl for up to $25,000, over that in Supreme Court.
You sound like you really need a good attorney. I know what it's like to hire one, give a big retainer and it not work out. By now, if you aren't paying rent, you should be saving money for another attorney or another apartment.
You can always take pictures of your apartment and entrance, to prove where you live. Have you
been to the DHCR? 25 Beaver St. near wall st. If your building is 6 residential units, not including the commercial spaces, then you would fall under
state law, but if there are only 5 or less, DHCR isn't involved. Call them, 961-8930 or 480-6238, you would be directed to file a complaint
if you qualify for your building to be considered a 6 unit dwelling, and your complaint would be an exhibit in your case. Go to the DHCR or the pro se attorney which you probably already have, or get an attorney if you think you
could win your case alone, go pro se.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name