Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: keys and carpet

Posted by Israel on June 21, 1999 at 10:56:24:

In Reply to: keys and carpet posted by craig on June 20, 1999 at 22:31:58:

When confronting a landlord with any issues, be careful not to sound threatening to him or her. Because you are a month to month tenant with issues it is possible they may cancel your tendency without explaining a reason why.
By the time you claim retaliatory eviction in housing court (which by the way does not apply to single or two family homes) you will be out the door. I suggest you request a one year lease and claim it is for proof for some organization. Tell them you need proof of residency? That phone and electric bills don’t provide proof of residency and that you need it. If they won’t do it don’t push it… Just be careful and look elsewhere.

: I live in a two-family home in Brooklyn. I currently am a month-to-month tenant with a crazy landlady. I have two questions:
: 1. I have a sneaking feeling that my landlady is coming in to my apartment when I'm not home. can I change the locks on the door and not give her a key?
: 2. she has twice stated to me that she doesn't think I vaccum the carpet. she claims she hasn't heard my vaccum in two months. at what point does statements like these become harassment? and what is considered "normal wear and tear" in terms of getting back my security deposit?
: thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name