Posted by Joe Tenant on June 16, 1999 at 21:29:16:
I have an overcharge case pending, but the time for deciding whether to renew is coming up, and I was wondering if I shoud:
a) renew even though the renewal papers/lease will show current rent rates, or
b) wait for a likely favorable decision on the overcharge case and then demand renewal papers that reflect a lower rent, or
c) get the renewal papers now and simply fill in what I think is the legal rent and cross out any other figures and send the renewal in that way?
(Renewal papers have not been sent to me yet, even though they should have been by now, but I think that if I would demand the papers and complain I would probably get them, but, again, they will probably contain the current rent rates that are in dispute in the overcharge case.)
I really apprecite your comments/thoughts!
(P.S. This is New York City.)
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup