Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

proof proof proof and lots of it...

Posted by Will on May 28, 1999 at 12:39:56:

In Reply to: domestic partner on renewal lease posted by Norbert Jay on May 28, 1999 at 10:55:37:

Succession rights are at issue here. The landlord is trying to push proving succession rights onto you. I'm not sure if you have any rights regarding having your partners name added to the lease. Rest assured your partner does have succesion rights but you need proof of your relationship and lots of it. I would suggest you start gathering the proof of your relationship if your same sex this might not be easy because traditionally same sex couples don't think to merge finances....the proof includes, joint banking accounts, joint credit accounts, naming each other as executors and beneficiaries on each other wills and retirement accounts, granting each other power of attorney, in NYC registering as domestic partners, proof of same residency for 2 or more years., Affidavits, photos....start thinking for the future.

Will

: I have been living with NYC domestic partner in this rent stabilized apartment in a coop-ed building for 13 years paying rent with joint checking account. I want to have partner's name on the renewal lease but owner refuses.

: Can I force the owner to put both our names on the lease? How do I go about doing this?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name