Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

ok but...

Posted by Willard on May 28, 1999 at 08:09:47:

In Reply to: Re: Hey guys I'm confused... posted by Mark Smith on May 28, 1999 at 01:12:51:

I'm not a lawyer so sometimes legaleze gets by me. But it still seems like two related people are better off having only one person sign the lease....that way they can have a non-related roommate.

Will

: Will, the Attorney General's handbook is well-written. For some reason, you don't seem to be able to read it correctly.

: Nowhere in Real Property Law §235-f or in the A.G.'s handbook does it say that a tenant is limited to ONE family member. They both say immediate family.

: If one person signs a lease, that tenant can have immediate family and one additional occupant AND the dependent children of the occupant in the apartment.

: If two people sign a lease and both are living in the apartment, they both can have immediate family but no additional occupant. If two people sign a lease and one moves out, the remaining tenant can have immediate family and one additional occupant AND the dependent children of the occupant in the apartment.

:
: : A couple of days ago we got into a discussion about roommates. According to attorney general one person on lease means one non-family roommate AND one family roommate with kids...But taken litteraly two people on lease can't have either....what gives I would they could at least have one roommates...seems to me related people are better off only having one person sign the lease.....why is this?

: : Is the attorney generals "handbook" poorly written or is it on the money...nothing urgent just curious.

: :
: : Will

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name