Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Posted by Mark Smith on May 27, 1999 at 20:23:44:

In Reply to: Capital Improvement Surcharge posted by Sal on May 27, 1999 at 15:19:35:

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

: I moved into an apartment Feb.1
: I thought to myself, "Nice windows.. they look pretty new."
: In March, the apartment owner filed with the town to assess a surcharge to cover the cost of the new windows (obviously put in just before I moved in), it was approved, and here I am with an increase in my monthly bill (rent plus surcharge) less than 6 months into my lease.

: Now, I'm sure it wasn't a spontaneous decision on the part of the apartment owners to apply for this surcharge in March, and that they knew that this was an option that they intended to excersize.

: If they knew they were going to do this before I moved in, didn't they have an obligation to inform me that there would probably be an increase in my monthly housing costs (can't call it a rent increase)when I signed the lease?

: Do I have any recourse?

: Information from anybody with any experience with this would be much appreciated before I go batting my head against this wall. Please mail response to snapoli1@idt.net

: Thanx

: Sal

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name