Posted by Richard on May 26, 1999 at 12:52:16:
In Reply to: Changed mind & wants to stay posted by Nervous on May 25, 1999 at 20:23:51:
: I live in a rent stabilized apt. in NYC. I recently received an offer of lease renewal and declined (I sent in a signed and notarized form to the LL).
: I recently changed my mind and would like to stay (I have over 30 days left in my lease). The landlord has verbally agreed to let me stay, and asked me to put my request in writing (I did). I'm still waiting for a *new* lease renewal form from him and feeling somewhat nervous.
: Does anyone out there have any experience with a change-of-mind situation like this?
There was a recent case where the tenant did just that and the LL had the right to evict.....so if he wants a vacancy increase of 20% PAY IT...and feel lucky you still have a place to live
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup