Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: test for message length

Posted by JJ on May 23, 1999 at 12:05:36:

In Reply to: test for message length posted by TenantNet on May 22, 1999 at 13:37:02:

testing: just adding this one line to yours, then hitting 'Submit Follow Up'
OK so far: there were 6 copies in Preview phase. will now post.

: 1From the New York Daily News, Saturday, May 15th:

: Path of Lease Resistance

: Rent Czar's at Home With Heated Give-and-Take

: By MICHAEL FINNEGAN
: Daily News Staff Writer

: Yearly 100 New Yorkers are booing and screaming at the people seated at the head table. Not unusual for a hearing on rent
: increases for 1 million city apartments.

: But one woman's yelling finally pushes Chairman Edward Hochman over the edge.

: "Officer!" he shouts to a cop at the back of the crowd of heckling tenants and landlords. "I can take most of this, but. . . . Could you,
: officer, do something? Arrest her?"

: No way. So Hochman lets board member Vincent Castellano resume his argument: that some rich people pay low rent.

: "You're blatantly lying!" the woman bellows.

: "I would really like a billy club," mutters Castellano.

: "We know you'd like a billy club," responds Hochman.

: Welcome to Ed Hochman's life on the front lines of New York's tenant-landlord war. As chairman of the Rent Guidelines Board, he
: must take endless abuse from irate tenants and landlords. He has counted 17 death threats on his answering machine.

: "I've come to expect it and let it roll off my back," he said. "What am I going to do, ask for police protection?"

: Though unknown to most New Yorkers, Hochman is one of the most important figures in the lives of city tenants and has enormous
: influence on the fortunes of their landlords.

: This week, he engineered a plan that would cap rent hikes on rent-stabilized apartments at 2% for one-year lease renewals, and 4%
: for two years. The plan is up for adoption by the nine-member board on June 24.

: For a man who is supposed to calm passions, Hochman is known for surprisingly frequent outbursts.

: Tenant advocate Bill Rowen of the Metropolitan Council on Housing recalled Hochman "tongue-lashing me and shaking his finger in
: my face" after Rowen shouted at a board meeting. "He went nuts," Rowen said.

: And Hochman doesn't deny that he once told Ken Rosenfeld, then a fellow From the New York Daily News, Saturday, May 15th:

: ====================================================
: 2Path of Lease Resistance

: Yearly 100 New Yorkers are booing and screaming at the people seated at the head table. Not unusual for a hearing on rent

: "Officer!" he shouts to a cop at the back of the crowd of heckling tenants and landlords. "I can take most of this, but. . . . Could you,

: No way. So Hochman lets board member Vincent Castellano resume his argument: that some rich people pay low rent.

: Welcome to Ed Hochman's life on the front lines of New York's tenant-landlord war. As chairman of the Rent Guidelines Board, he
: must take endless abuse from irate tenants and landlords. He has counted 17 death threats on his answering machine.

: "I've come to expect it and let it roll off my back," he said. "What am I going to do, ask for police protection?"

: Though unknown to most New Yorkers, Hochman is one of the most important figures in the lives of city tenants and has enormous

: This week, he engineered a plan that would cap rent hikes on rent-stabilized apartments at 2% for one-year lease renewals, and 4%
: for two years. The plan is up for adoption by the nine-member board on June 24.

: For a man who is supposed to calm passions, Hochman is known for surprisingly frequent outbursts.

: Tenant advocate Bill Rowen of the Metropolitan Council on Housing recalled Hochman "tongue-lashing me and shaking his finger in

: And Hochman doesn't deny that he once told Ken Rosenfeld, then a fellow From the New York Daily News, Saturday, May 15th:

: ===================================
: 3Path of Lease Resistance

: ========================================
: 4Path of Lease Resistance

: ===============================================
: 5Path of Lease Resistance

: ====================================
: 6 Path of Lease Resistance

: And Hochman doesn't deny that he once told Ken Rosenfeld, then a fellow

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name