Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Just move out....

Posted by Willard on May 16, 1999 at 16:40:29:

In Reply to: refusal to return security posted by sharon on May 16, 1999 at 16:10:43:

If it makes you feel better send a check certified mail for the cleaning based on you estimates....chances are they won't chase you for the rent especially since technically speaking you could be chasing them for the security....its a wash.

if they try to lock you out get a cop...its against the law.

Will

: I RECENTLY GAVE MY LANDLORD NOTICE TO VACATE ON JUNE 23. WAS ADVISED THAT THEY WOULD NOT LET ME PUT MY SECURITY TOWARDS LAST MONTHS RENT. THEY CLAIMED I DID NOT VACUUM MY RUGS PROPERLY AND THAT THEY WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED. THERE ARE ABOLSUTELY NO DAMAGES TO RUG AT ALL. I AM WILLING TO PAY FOR A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING. ALSO CLAIMED THAT APARTMENT WOULD NEED TO BE REPAINTED. ONLY PROBLEM HERE IS WEAR AND TEAR. I'VE LIVED HERE FOR 1 1/2 YEARS. THEY COMPLAINED ABOUT MY SMOKING AS WELL ENTERING THEIR HOME. TOLD ME I SAID I WAS AN OCCASIONAL SMOKER UPON MOVING IN. I ADMITTED TO BEING A LIGHT SMOKER, WHICH I THINK FOR THE MOST PART I AM (UNLESS TOTALLY STRESSED OUT).

: I HAVE WRITTEN LETTER ADVISING OF MY PROTEST. NOW I WILL BE MOVING TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY ON JUNE 23RD.

: JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF GIVING THEM MONEY FOR CLEANING RUGS AND CLEANING WOMAN IS GOOD ENOUGH. I WILL OBTAIN ESTIMATES AND GIVE THEM THESE WITH LETTER.

: ANY ONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION.

: I LIVE IN A BASEMENT APARTMENT OF A ONE FAMILY HOME IN STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK.

: HELP.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name