Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: mediation

Posted by Anna on May 13, 1999 at 10:23:00:

In Reply to: re:to anna posted by j on May 12, 1999 at 22:18:49:

: : : I own a double in another state and the current tenants are arguing abouts things such as backyard usage, kids, pets and cars in the driveway. It has become a "he said : she said" situation. What can be done to fix this.

: : You're their landlord: you have to fix it! What state is the house in? Do they have a mediation center you all can go to like NYC has?

: No mediation available in this village. How about a strong worded letter to both? Or could I get myself in trouble? Both tenants have leases and I want to be fair to them.

The suggestions for tenants and complaint-letter-writing here on the board, in the archives, and linked to on the homepage of TenantNet, work equally well for small non-professional landlords. Start soft & courteous, appeal to common sense, quote their leases or the law... If that fails, write a stronger letter, etc etc
You might find more specific info by using an internet search engine: formatted: [yourstate landlord]

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name