Posted by Tanja on May 05, 1999 at 15:32:06:
I feel a bit silly posting this because I have so little to go on, but that's part of why I'm posting:
I live in a brownstone in Brooklyn, and my upstairs neighbors are currently looking to extend their lease (in May). However, our landlord is currently getting a divorce, and the rumor is her husband is going to try to "get" the building. We would like to extend our lease for an extended period of time, if possible. Ours isn't up until December (it's a one-year). Should we approach the landlord now to re-up, or just wait our turn and see how the divorce settles out? How much could they raise the rent (non-controlled) for the next lease period? It's possible that in the next few years, we may be looking to buy a place. Should we throw that into the equation? Is this all too premature and silly? Thanks.
Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup