Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

reenovations

Posted by adam rader on May 04, 1999 at 16:28:06:

When I moved into my apartment approx. 7 years ago, the prior tenant had been evicted for a number of reasons, including unauthorized reenovations. I moved into the apartment "as is" without removal of the prior tenant's reenovations. Now, I have had certain items removed as well as the carpet removed. The superintendent of the building performed the work for me and I paid him. The work done by the super has created some problems. There are some nails from the prior carpet which he was unable to remove; the floor is discolored in many areas requiring a polishing at least, and perhaps installation of a new floor in some areas. The telephone wiring, previously tucked underneath the carpet, is now running accross the floor and it seems re-wiring is required. Is it the Landlords's responsibility to pay for further work required to fix the floor (especially removal of the nails) and to re-wire the telephone wires? If so, how can I make the Landlord live up to that responsibility. Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name