Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

suddenly i'm being evicted, reason given

Posted by adam bucci on May 04, 1999 at 01:20:02:

about 3 and a half weeks ago the maintenance agent for my landlord came by with the intention of entering my apartment (whether or not i was there), without prior notice. i just happened to be on the staircase when she arrived and intercepted her there. she informed me that my apartment was the only one that hadn;t been remodeled by the owners. largely due to the fact that all the other tenants have been at the building for less than a year, i've been there for almost eight years. granted there is some wear and tear in the unit, but i was told by this person that the building was for sale, the owners wanted to spruce it up, and if that required my moving out, the property manager would relocate me. today i come home and find a letter from my landlord telling me to get out, no reason or offer of relocation given. i'm in vacaville california. anybody out there know what i can do? i can't afford a lawyer and can not afford to move at this time.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name