Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

What are my Rights?

Posted by Jared on May 02, 1999 at 04:58:35:

I moved into this apt. 1 year ago within a month of me moving in I started to have problems with the ceiling caving in, I had a Glass entry door that was supposed to be replaced with a steel door, my mail box was in another building and was being shared with another tenant, and many other code violations. After complining for three months I started to withhold my rent and little by little the repairs have been made, but I've had to live in a construction zone for the past 9 months and now I find out that my apt is zoned as commercial property but I have a residential lease and now that thats up I've been asked to sign a commercial lease... Should I sign it or is there some action I can take against my Landlord for giving me a residential lease for a commercial residence? also do I have a right to a rent reduction for have to live in a Construction zone for the past 9 months? Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name