Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Return of security deposit

Posted by george on April 29, 1999 at 10:07:14:

In Reply to: Return of security deposit posted by SCJ on April 07, 1999 at 14:33:40:

: In October 1996 My landlord hired an illegal contractors to fix the roof in the building where my parents use to lived. As the fault of these contractors was a fire in the building and 20 apartments include my parent's apartment were burned to the ground. Half of the building was evacuated. All tenants whose apartments were burned started suing the landlord for damages. After landlord fixed the building in may 1998 my parents were ask to return back with increased rent. They didn't do it and asked landlord to return the security deposit. From this moment landlord went speechless. He did'nt want to talk to my parents. His secretary always saying that he is out of office for almost one year. He never returned our calls. We send him 20 faxes and he did't respond. We checked trough the records and found that he and his company still exist. We send 5 certified mail to him and his secretary refuse to accept it.My family spent almost one year trying to pursue the landlord return deposit. Is there are way to force him to do that. Any help would be great, thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name