Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Never pay last month's Rent: Final Word: Keep Rent & Move at the end of the month

Posted by amy on April 26, 1999 at 13:07:44:

In Reply to: Re: Never pay last month's Rent: Final Word: Keep Rent & Move at the end of the month posted by Barry on March 25, 1999 at 16:09:02:

: I spoke with two lawyers today, one of them who deals with T-L issues.
: I was told not to pay the last month's (April's) rent. Better to let the LL chase me in court if she wishes than for me to chase her.
: I was also told that the LL is within her rights, and she will ultimately win in getting me out. I may be able to get a 6-month extension. But I would have to continue to pay the rent, and, the LL would still have my security deposit. It's conceivable that she may find more reason to withhold portions (or all) of my security deposit if I make things difficult.
: It seems my best course of action is to not pay the last month's rent and to plan to leave by the end of the month.
: Thanks to everyone who has offered input and help.
: One last thing: If you happen to know of any 1BR or studio (w/storage &

closets) apartments available, particularly in Brooklyn, in the $700-$900 ballpark range, post to me here. Thanks.

I am looking to leave brooklyn in early june july. We will be breaking our lease and thus need a tenant. THe apartment is a one bedroom in Midwood renting at 800 a month. Really big bedroom and living room. Very spacious with a door man and all new appliances. It is in a rent stabilized building.if you are interested or know someone who would be please feel free to email me..

thanks
amy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name