Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: too sensitive?

Posted by Willard on April 26, 1999 at 12:18:21:

In Reply to: too sensitive? posted by js on April 26, 1999 at 11:36:52:

You may want to check you lease...chances are there is a 80% rug clause. With you next note you may want to politely remind them that if they can't see fit to remove there shoes you may be forced to notify the landlord they are in violation of the rug clause....

keep in mind that really there is very little you can do...except complain to everyone you can complain to.

Will

: My upstairs neighbors seem like very nice people but they seem to need to walk around on our old wooden floors in shoes that makes a lot of noise. Sometimes it's late at night and wakes me up, but even other times, it is extremely loud and irritating! Since it is a simple enough thing to take your shoes off I've left them a couple of polite notes explaining the effect on me and asking them to try not to walk around on bare floors with shoes. Also I've talked to others in the building, and they say, "Of course you should take your shoes off." SO it doesn't seem like i'm asking that much, but they still continue that practice and when I first moved in they seemed to take it very personnally. Now I don't know if I'm being too sensitive or if I have the right to make that request.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name