Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

are you stabilized, control or neither.

Posted by Will on April 19, 1999 at 22:40:06:

In Reply to: Re: Bed & breakfasts in rent stablized apts posted by Sandy Paul on April 19, 1999 at 22:11:10:

If you're stabilized or control tenant do not pay any requested increases until they give a lease. By law at least with stabilized apartments a renewal lease must be give in order for a landlord to get any increase...no renewal lease no increases....
as far as I can tell you're in a good position. You can not be evicted as a stabilized tenant and your rent should be fixed....

Now if you've paid any increases without a lease renewal you are entitled to get the overcharge back via DHCR but it will take a long time.

If you are neither stabilized or control then you've become a month to month tenant....and subject to 30 notices for increases and vacancy requests.

Will

: : : This was posted on the www.housingnyc.com under common questions:

: : : http://www.housingnyc.com/email/email_day_98_9_21.html#Wednesday

: :
: : :
: : : Will

: : : : I live in a building that has rent controlled and rent stablized apts.
: : : : the rent stablized apts are being rented, as hotel rooms, bread and breakfast type thing. 1 or 2 weeks at a time...at triple the legal rent.
: : : : The rent controlled apts are occupied by legal tenants. 2 additional rent stablized tenants have not been offered renewal leases. one of those leases expired more than a year ago. The other, 8 months ago. Certified letters dont help...we are on record at the Dhcr. Is small claims court an option?
: : : : can I sue for mental harrassment? I've been living here more than 23 years.
: : : : I'm so tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop. HELP!!!

: Will, You made no comment about, small claims court... or how I can get them to issue a lease... I am a legal tenant, and have been gere for more than 20 years. Do I have any recourse?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name