Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

A neighbor from hell!

Posted by Tom and Melissa on April 17, 1999 at 13:27:30:

Hello,
We are writing for any advice that you may have for us. My girlfriend and I moved out of our parents house and into our first apartment on 4/1/99. I work over nights and she goes to college during the day. The very first week we were here the down stairs neighbor knocks on my door and says that we were being to loud the night before. Being a new neighbor I was quick to say that I was sorry and it wouldn't happen again, but the truth is I had no clue what she was talking about. Well after speaking with her for a few min, she told me that my cat was the problem and that he was walking to loud ( Swear to God ) I said that maybe that is true, so I went out and bought a new carpet for the living room (even though I knew she was full of it ) and thought the problem was solved. Well last night she catches me outside and asked me if I had gooten a registerd letter yet, I said no, why, what is it ? She then started screaming at me and my girlfreind telling us that we are loud and that we have no concideration for her. We were totally shocked that this ladzy was going postal on us and we didn't even know why. Well after she got through screaming at us, she told us that " WE WALK TO MUCH,TAKE SHOWERS TO LATE AT NIGHT (I WORK NIGHTS, 11:00 PM TO 9AM )and that we should take our shoes off when we come home. The truth is this lady is just plain crazy and I PROMISE you that we are a very quiet couple and we have done nothing to deserve this treatment. My question is, is this harasment ? is there something I could do about it ? and do we have the right to walk across our floor, take showers when we want to and be able to talk without whispering ? ? ?

I would really apprecaite any help on this, and if anyone has any idea's on how to fix this crazy neighbor once in for all we would be grateful :)
( Sorry this is so long, I had to vent )

Thomas~

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name