Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Paying for electricity: NEW JERSEY

Posted by AL, HOBOKEN on April 16, 1999 at 15:15:07:

In Reply to: Paying for electricity for more than my half of a 2 family house? Can I get out of my lease early? posted by mike on April 13, 1999 at 21:04:18:

: I live in a small 2 family house in northern NJ. I have been there since last July. Shortly after I moved in a found that I was paying for the electricity for the water pump and furnace that served both sides of the house. I questioned the LL about it and she said that the cost was only nominal, and refused to reduce the rent. My bill is anywhere from $75 to $100 a month and I don't even use many lights and have a gas stove. Now I find out that there are more outlets on the other half of the house that I am paying for because a circuit breaker of mine blew when the other tenant was using her hair dryer! I have no idea how many other outlets I am paying for. I have not yet confronted the LL about this new finding. Also I am buying a house and am supposed to close on 4/30/99, but my lease lasts until 7/15/99. I will be out of the house by 5/30/99 at the latest but my lease says that I have to bay the rent until the end. I also have approx. $2000 security deposit. I want to get out of the lease early and get the deposit back. Can I use the electric thing to my advantage?

: Thanks,
: mike

MIKE: THIS LINK IS FROM THE HOMEPAGE AT TENENT.NET
WRITE BACK AFTER YOU READ IT.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name