Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: israel.....thanks!!!

Posted by Israel on April 14, 1999 at 12:18:52:

In Reply to: israel.....thanks!!! posted by stacie on April 13, 1999 at 18:08:31:

You should not have to leave your apartment. Be very careful, landlords are tricky. They will offer you anything to move, like MONEY. The catch is you have to be out of the apartment to recieve the money. What do you do when your locked out looking for them for that money? Nothing. File court papers? Nah, keep the apartment.

Do as I said, file for repairs. Do not fight them, just get them to leave you alone. With the complaints on record with HPD you can bring them up when they start up again. Rent Stablizied apartments are rare in NY. When you move they will claim cosmetic repairs were made and jump up the rent to the next person. Like you moving out of there to go somewhere else, like some other another bad landlord. This jumping around (which landlords force people to do) raises rents everywhere.
They are organized, we are not (yet).

: I thank you for all your advice. As it stands now we have a meeting....me....the landlord...and the owners and my dad on thursday. I AM NOT going in alone. Originally the owner said it was going to be all the tenants. Today I find out that its just me and them 2. So i asked my dad to come with. Have also decided that once i find a place to live that I am not going to pay rent here for 1 month so that I can afford to move. This is just becoming to stressful for me. Will let you know what happens Thurseday!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name