Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Warrant issued: survey

Posted by ... on April 14, 1999 at 12:02:35:

In Reply to: Warrant issued: survey posted by JJ on April 13, 1999 at 20:46:53:

Not to say anything crazy, but you are suppose to get the Judgement in the mail after which at any time of day you could be evicted. The landlord could have taken the paperwork to the Marshall and speeded up the process by giving them some money or hiring phony moving men to evict you.
You should have been givin a chance to fight the judgement with an Order to show Cause.
I once received a Judgement against me and call the Marshall to see when I was scheduled for eviction. They where polite and gave me the date, I moved out before that date and I didn't worry about it.

Do an Order to show cause asking for more time and get the eviction date from the Marshalls Office. You may have been duped.

: Hi! had a trial in Manhattan Housing Court: lost, mostly. The warrant was issued TWO DAYS after the Marshall's requisition was received and time-stamped by the clerk. A well-respected tenant attorney of many years experience said this was 'almost unheard of', that landlords complain daily that it takes two to six weeks from receipt to issuance. He suggested that I ask you: tenants, advocates, and/or lawyers what your experience is, in preparation for filing a request for investigation.

: So: what is normal, typical for Manhattan: two days? two weeks? six weeks?

: Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name