Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: A gift to fellow tenants ---- PLEASE READ!

Posted by satori on April 10, 1999 at 19:58:59:

In Reply to: A gift to fellow tenants ---- PLEASE READ! posted by Hawk on April 10, 1999 at 19:53:22:

Theres a better database of unclaimed property that has access all 50 states
click on link below.

: I stumbled across this and want to share it. New York has a web page where you can type your name and easily find out if the state is holding any money for you in its unclaimed funds account. The link is: http://www.osc.state.ny.us/ouf/

: To my amazement, I plugged in my name and it came up, as did the names of many friends. If your name comes up you only need download a form, get it notarized and mail it off with proof of your address. (The money amount being held is not stated.) The web page is very simple to use and self explanatory. TRY IT, it worked for me. Check your name, the names of friends, relatives (dead or alive),etc. I suggest you check the names of dead relatives because there is no Statute of Limitations for claiming any money being held by the state in its unclaimed fund. (New york's web page explains that in its FAQ section.) So, you might be able to collect money being held in the name of a dead relative.

: If anyone gets any money out of this, please let us all know because it would be fun to hear of the "free" money someone got because of this information. (A private e-mail would also be welcome.) BTW, if anyone gets a large chunk of change because of my sharing of this cool information, I suggest dinner for Hawk would be appropiate. (Anna also cause I owe her lunch.) If your out of New York (or just want to check the names of folks anywhere in the country) most states have a similar unclaimed funds web page. Here is the link to find out which states have similar web pages:
: http://www.dbf.state.fl.us/unclaimed/states.html

: Try it and tell all your friends to try it. Good Luck!
: Kenny Hawk

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name