Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Seeking examples of improper conduct by DHCR to present to the Attorney General

Posted by satori on April 10, 1999 at 14:22:48:

In Reply to: Seeking examples of improper conduct by DHCR to present to the Attorney General posted by Anna, as agent for Hawk on April 10, 1999 at 12:57:27:

I have a whole file,of DHCR corruption. For when my landlord tryed to evict me.I'm not and
expert but it looks like the DhCR records are doctored, names, are
retyped in the computer so you can't read them.amounts , of the legal rent
from Dhcr and the court papers are wrong. Mistakes on the rent history
forms, that I got from the FOIL unit,I can probably scan the material, but I would like to
leave my personal information out, in case my landlord drags me to housing court
again. A while back someone said on the board that they had evidence
of I think it was DHCR tampering with records.

: Posted by Hawk on March 23, 1999 at 13:13:48:

: Months ago I posted a message asking folks to contact me about examples of improper conduct
: by DHCR. The response was small and no viable cases were presented. So, i'll try again.

: I had a case in which I was so sure that fraud had been committed that I went to the US
: Attorneys Office with a complaint. That office, in turn, referred my complaint to the New York
: Attorney Generals Office because I was told it was a "state" matter. I'm assuming that given the
: politics of the last Attornry Generals Office that complaint was buried and no investigation ever
: occurred. I never heard back from the New York Attorneys General Office after I confirmed that
: my complaint had actually been referred from the US Attorneys Office.

: Soon I plan on renewing my complaint with the new Attorney General, who might be interested
: in opening an investigation, just like he recently started an investigation about the police and
: their possible improper conduct. So, if anyone has a case of possible improper conduct by
: DHCR please let me know. The more bona fide cases of improper conduct that are presented to
: the Attorney General the better the likelhood that an investigation will be undertaken. Please
: contact me only with very real examples of inappropiate or improper conduct by DHCR -- such
: as dates on computer records being changed, or registration statements being added to the
: computer system and the filing date back dated. (That is the case I will present to the Attorney
: General.)

: Your prompt respone will be appreciated. Please notify everone you know of this request for
: other cases of possibe improper conduct. Depending on the response I get, I expect to contact
: the Attorney General in a few weeks.

: Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name