Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Thanks for giving me credit for the original post!

Posted by Hawk on April 09, 1999 at 20:18:30:

In Reply to: Re: Isn't It About Time? WHOA!!: the original posted by Anna on April 08, 1999 at 18:53:42:

As to the comment about also having the option of filing in Civil
Court, instead of Supreme Court, the author is correct in stating
that if the amount in controversy is less than $25,000.00, Civil
Court is an available option. However, because usually it is
impossible to determine the amount of the rent overcharge (and whether trebe damages will be awarded) at the time of the commencement of
suit, starting the lawsuit in Supreme Court is recommended. If the amoun in controversy is ultimately determined to be less than 25k the
case can be transferred down to Civil.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name