Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I found it.

Posted by Israel on April 09, 1999 at 16:41:50:

In Reply to: Thanks for nothing posted by stacie on April 09, 1999 at 15:10:28:

Well, maybe I could help you. GO TO THE SECTION ON THIS WEB SITE THAT DEAILS WITH BASIC TENANTS RIGHTS FAQ. Highlight and copy both the Renters Rights Handbook and Tenants Rights Handbook. Read all the information from front to back, and understand that you have the right to quiet enjoyment of your apartment(meaning your landlord can't harrass you)... Plus that music cannot be played (or noise)after 10pm. Keep all documents your landlord gives you and avoid the landlord (as much as you can) to keep him/her from giving more documents or letters, etc. If a person in the building is making complaints about you or making false statements, tactfully state to this person that you have these rights and that you will abide by what the law states, but kids playing or crying cannot be controlled. Don't be afraid.
An infraction notice shouldn't alarm you or the other tenants. Get together and form your own tenants association and ask the landlord for needed repairs. The landlord will try to avoid the requests and would stop the harrasment. Tit for tat.

: Thank for all that did not help me with my question. Muchly appreciated!
@!

: Today I received an infraction notice saying that a visitor and I disturbed othe tenants. The Infraction said it was because og an on going drug investigation by the police dept. I called him and asked him what the hell he was talking about. And he goes well werent the police at your house last week? I said no!! He goes you know nothing about this? I said no. and then he said well then give it back to me. I said no!! I also called the police dept and they said they werent investigating me. i DONOT do drugs. This could jeopordize my kids..my job and whatever elese. This is not the first time these ppl have harrassed me. There are like 4 of us now that have been written up for loud kids at 5-6 pm at night! They are kids. This is an apartment. Can i sue for harrasment? help!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name