Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: lease expiration: to Mark

Posted by Anna on April 08, 1999 at 19:05:37:

In Reply to: Re: lease expiration posted by Mark Smith on April 07, 1999 at 20:24:08:

: Anna, I was replying to the original post -- not to your comments. I didn't choose where the postings go -- TenantNet did. I will not go to the last post in a thread and delete everything in it but the text of the original post just because TenantNet has things set up the way they do. You criticized me, but you didn't you criticize the original post (or agree with my comments) for using the confusing terms "my landlord" and "the apartment complex owner."

: And I still don't believe that there is rent stabilization in Buffalo, even if it is in Erie County, although there may still be rent controlled apartments in Buffalo. And I believe that you are wrong about the tenant giving thirty-days notice, unless the lease requires notice. A thirty-day notice may apply to month-to-month tenancies, although the Appellate Term, First Department has recently held that only the landlord is required to give a thirty-days notice to a month-to-month tenant; the tenant does not have to any give notice to terminate the tenancy.

++++++++++

Sorry. and thanks for answering some of these messages: this board needs knowledgable volunteers like you to point legally unsophiscated tenants in the right direction.

ps: I don't know for sure what, if any, rent reg Buffalo adopted: just that Jason quoted 120-days & DHCR: & that DHCR does something in Erie County...
and re the terms tenants use: "owner" "landlord" etc... they often mean "management co" but use all terms interchangeably: esp when any or all of these are corporations, associations, partnerships, pieces of paper in general.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name