Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: lease expiration

Posted by Will on April 07, 1999 at 07:57:58:

In Reply to: lease expiration posted by Jason on April 06, 1999 at 23:22:42:

Even though the landlord didn't give you appropriate renewal request, you are still obligated to give 30 days notice. Have you paid this months rent yet? I suggest telling the landlord in writing ASAP your intention to vacate. In the same letter asked to be release from the 30 day requirement. Techinically without renewal notice from landlord the rent remains the same and you're still protected by stabilization laws.

Will

: My current 1 year lease in Buffalo, NY expires on 4/30/99. I was planning on renewing the lease until yesterday (4/5/99) when I found a much nicer apartment for only slightly less money. I have not received any form of written notice as to my intentions to renew my lease from my landlord or the apartment complex owner. Today, when speaking to the landlord I was told that there may be a problem because I have not given 30 days notice as to my intentions not to renew the lease. According to the landlord I am going to have to discuss this issue with the owner. What I have found here however states that the landlord must send me a form "RPT-8" from the DHCR at least 120 and not more than 150 days from the date the lease expires. I have two quesions about this.
: 1. Is this still a valid law?
: 2. If it is, what is the actual NYS law this falls under, include article and section number if possible.

: Thank you in advance,
: Jason Sears
: jasonsea@localnet.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name