Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Charging $ for overnight guests in NY

Posted by Susan on April 06, 1999 at 11:53:40:

In Reply to: Re: Charging $ for overnight guests in NY posted by Hawk on April 05, 1999 at 21:36:39:

: Gimme a break. This gotta be a joke. There is no such thing as "the Apt. Sharing Law." "Use" means possession for a period of time, not overnight or other short term visits. So the landlord isn'tentitled to any money for overnight guests. Now I think I have finally heard it all!!!!!!!!!!! (How could the landlord prove the number of times any alleged overnight guests actually "used" the apartment?)

: I don't understand why you are in small claims court seeking a return of your security deposit. What is the reason you are seeking a return of your security deposit?

-I am in small claims because I have since moved out, and when I requested my deposit back he listed this as one of the reasons that he wasn't returning my money. He said, "You want to sue me fine, I will sue you for all the times you had people stay over and you didn't pay me." So now he is countersuing me. He had even threatened to evict me because I had guests over. Mind you, I didn't have people over all the time, they were never a nuisance, and my roomates also had people over.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name