Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord will NOT accept rent payment

Posted by Will on April 02, 1999 at 23:49:25:

In Reply to: Landlord will NOT accept rent payment posted by Susie on April 02, 1999 at 20:23:50:

re-send the check certified with a letter stating your concern about why he has suddenly refused to accept the rent. Especially since he's never refused before. Copy all the receipts include that as well. Then copy the wife everything...indicate you have cc'ed the wife. Send both his copy and her copy certified...and of course keep a third copy for yourself...kinko's may get a little richer but you be safer. Hang tight eventually he''l have to cave. But from now on cc the wife all correspondance.

Willard

: I could really use some advice. My LL and his ex-wife are still fighting. He owes her a substantial amount of money and he is tring to cover up his income so that he will not have to pay her. His ex-wife served me with a Writ of Garnishment because he told the courts that he wasn't getting any rent money (his attorney wanted to falsify my rent receipts and have me lie to the courts). I filed my response to say that I was paying my rent money to him and sent in copies of my receipts. Now, he refuses to accept my rent payment. When I tried to give it to him yesterday, he refused to answer the door. I know for a fact that he was home. I have sent the check certified return receipt but what should I do if he does not accept it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name