Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: stereo played by excessively loud volume

Posted by Will on April 02, 1999 at 16:19:21:

In Reply to: stereo played by excessively loud volume posted by JJ on April 02, 1999 at 15:58:18:

Have you tried something simple like talking to the upstairs neighbors?..or asking the Super. to do it?....sometimes a polite direct approach works much better than broom handles.

Will

: Appt community : Korman Suites
: Ours is a rented 1st floor appartment. The residents above us i.e on the 2nd floor play music at excessively high volume daily for 3-4 hours and by the end of it I suffer from a throbbing headache and swollen eyes.
: I spoke on numerous occasions to the housing office about this problem suffered by us , but they are not of much help. Once the housing office employee was rude enough to say that i should contact the senate for changing the laws.
: Our lease agreement specifically says:Rule 20.g "Tenant agrees not to interfere with the rights, comfort......of other tenants and understands that after being requested to stop a disturbing activity, will be subject to eviction if the activity continues."
: Rule 20.j"Tenant understands that playing of musical nstruments........may not be allowed to disturb other tenants."
: Please advice as to what recourse we should take.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name