Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

LI Lanlord - DOGGIE DISCRIMINATION

Posted by Chris WArd on March 31, 1999 at 19:12:30:

I live in Suffolk Cty.. When I moved in the super advised us NOT to sign a pet clause because they charged $20 a pet for it. Since then we had problems getting things fixed.. Unsafe shower for handicapped wife etc.. we sent certified letters to them complaining that life and limb was in jeopardy.. after much consternation (and a loud verbal blowout with the super) these things were fixed.. I made sure to pay the rent on time and go back to being a "good tennant" ..

I recieved my Rent Bill today and they have assessed a $40 "pet charge" on my dogs.. I read that in NYC this is illegal.. but Tennant net doesnt often descriminate between NYC and the rest of NY.. (they are VERY DIFFERETN PLACES FOLKS!) so what can I do..

BTW there are 50 units here.. Half or more have dogs.. (more than one in most cases) I have spoken with many of the other tennants who have NEVER in years they have lived there EVER been charged a pet charge.. I am being personaly discriminated against, and I dont know what I should do about it..
I am concidering contacting my lawyer but I dont know what grounds to complain I may have...

I have already signed a lease renewal.. (and got it back with no ammendments made to it, or mentions of more charges)

HELP ME!!! (oh yeah and Moira and Ajax) the little Black and White Whisky dogs..

Chris (doggie daddy)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name