Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

rights as a tenant

Posted by lks on March 31, 1999 at 12:00:36:

I live in a building that is really nice and the rent is not that high. You have the option to buy the apartments. A new management co. bought the shares of the old mgmt. I have a problem with the current superintedant. Him and his wife have been employed there for 3 yrs. They are unreliable, lazy, disrespectful and liars. They usually don't show up for work to be done. The work usually is not done properly and results in then having to hire outside contractors. They constantly cancel appointments at the last minute. They refuse to answer their door or telephone at certain times, even during emergencies.Despite constant complaints from different tenants the haven't been fired. Sometimes they are reprimanded. But usually they lie their way out of most discrepanices. What I want to know is what are the tenants rights regarding this. Why should decent rent-paying tenants have to tolerate incompentant and rude superintendants. What will it take for the management to wake up and replace them.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name