Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Stabilized AND Non-Stabilized Apts. in same building???

Posted by DK on March 30, 1999 at 17:27:21:

In Reply to: Stabilized AND Non-Stabilized Apts. in same building??? posted by Stacey on March 30, 1999 at 15:58:46:

It is possible to have stabilized and non-stabilized apartments in the same building. You need to learn the reason why the landlord claims that your apartment is exempt from rent stabilization. (examples, Does it rent for more than $2,000 per month; did the building have a tax abatement which has expired?) The easiest starting place is to ask the managing agent why your apartment is not subject to stabilization. Then look at the Rent Stabilization Code (posted on tenant.net) to see if the landlord has complied with the fine print for the exemption.

: Hi,
: I just moved into a non-stabilized apartment. While chatting with my downstairs neighbor, I found out that her unit IS rent-stabilized. Further, my building is listed in the database on this site as being a rent-stabilized building. Is my landlord trying to pull one on me? Or is it within his rights to have a "mixed" building like this? Should I be concerned?
: -Stacey

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name