Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Any laws against guests?

Posted by Will on March 23, 1999 at 23:19:11:

In Reply to: Any laws against guests? posted by Racheal Stinson on March 23, 1999 at 22:46:32:

Its helps to know where you are posting from. Here in NYC its NOT against any law to have a guest. Matter of fact you're allowed one permanent roommate and one relative (each can have children I believe). So you're really only limited by the size of the apartment with regards to the law. Any lease rider that states otherwise is illegal.
The roomate does not have succession rights to the lease.

Will

: I have an obviously lonely landlord who is complaining that I am breaking my rental agreegment by having my friend over more than 14 days
: out of the year. I have been living in my apartment complex for three years and my rental agreement does state that I can not have a
: "guest" over more than a certain amout of days because at that time the person would be considered a co-tenant. It was to my
: understanding that this meant consecutive days and not in spurts - for example, having a vistor for 3 days this week and 2 days the
: next week? Has anyone had any expereince with a landlord trying to enforce who and when someone can come over? Is there any type
: of legal rights I have. Any information woudl be very helpful. Take Care

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name