Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: no security deposit yet -- HELP!

Posted by kathleen on January 04, 1999 at 22:09:51:

In Reply to: Re: no security deposit yet -- HELP! posted by isaac on December 17, 1998 at 10:14:12:

: : : You will have to take the landlord to small-claim court.
: You will have to do this even if your apartment was rent-stabilized, as DHCR claims that it has no jurisdiction over security deposit returns.

How come the police didn't lock up the retard. If technically you were still a tenant in the apartment and they changed the locks on you and you were not able to gain access on your last day, from my understanding, THAT WAS STILL AN ILLEGAL EVICTION!

Regarding the security deposit, this is what I had to do. I had to go down to small claims court, file a petition, and then TRY to serve it on the retard. Of course the first several attempts, all that my processer server was told was "He's not here". or the retard would sneak out of the house when he overheard the conversation at the door. Finally my processer server, grabbed him in the middle of the street, said his full name and touched him with the papers, ORDERING him into court.

When we finally got into court, you never heard the biggest bunch of BS in your life. Luckily, I had the foresight to see this idiot for what he was BEFORE I moved out and had pictures and ALSO video tape to prove that his allegations that I damaged his apartment was nothing but a bunch of BULL. I was awarded my securtiy back IN FULL, plus whatever it cost me to take haul his butt into court. The court gave him 30 days to pay up, and believe me he took FULL advantage of those 30 days. I finally received a certified check for the Full amount POSTMARKED on the 30th day. All in all it took THREE long months to get my money out of that JERK.

GOOD LUCK!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name