Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent stabalized laws

Posted by webmaster on December 26, 1998 at 05:55:06:

In Reply to: rent stabalized laws posted by Mina on December 11, 1998 at 12:19:24:

: I have moved from a rent stabalized apart. to another. I am a family daycare provider which means I take care of about 6 to 8 children before and after school. My landlord says that I am violating my leas because I am running a Daycare center in my home. I do not have a center, but I am a liscensed proveder. His lawyer has served me with yet another "paper" this time with an eviction notiece. I just don't know what to do. I ahd no problem in my prevois place and I know several others who live in rent stabalized apartments who are also providers. Please help!

You should hire a lawyer. I know for a fact, that millions of people have
home based businesses including me, and during the eviction process that
I went thru, I mentioned it to him and he did not use it in the papers against
me. And I won I got my rent reduced.A lawyer will charge alot in fees, but
landlords are terrified of lawyers.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name