Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No gas...still!!!

Posted by Israel on December 16, 1998 at 20:03:04:

In Reply to: No gas...still!!! posted by Chris B. on December 15, 1998 at 15:57:43:

: OK here is the situation, me and my friend moved into a brand new apartment in Williamsburg in Sept. We are the first occupants of this space as an apartment. The day before we moved in the landlord called and said that there was no gas yet but it should be connected shortly. Well for the first two weeks we had no hot water, until the landlord installed a "temporary" 30gal. water heater in our kitchen. It is now halfway through December and still no heat and no ability to cook. We have called him numerous times and he always blames it on Brooklyn Union. The last time I called he said that they were waiting to get the pipes inspected by the city and that he had no idea when this would happen. From the start he reduced our rent from $1,500 to $1,250. The past 3 months my roommate has witheld her half of the rent which means that our landlord is only recieving $625 a month now. We have reported him to the city and an inspector has come to look at the building, he said that all the pipes were installed but their was no meter and that they would be giving the landlord a fine. My question is what do we do now?? Should i stop paying my half of the rent too? Once (or if) we get heat is the landlord entitled to the rent we didn't pay? What other steps can we take??

: thanks for any help,
: chris

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name