Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: well to begin with...no heat, hot water, gas meter, lots of noise from bar below, second-hand smoke like crazy. You get the picture...

Posted by TenantNet on December 09, 1998 at 08:00:52:

In Reply to: Re: well to begin with...no heat, hot water, gas meter, lots of noise from bar below, second-hand smoke like crazy. You get the picture... posted by john on December 09, 1998 at 01:36:02:

: Gee, thanks for the encouraging advice. I'll know better than to ask for help from Tenant Net in the future. In light of the seriousness of my situation I was hoping to get some bonafied help, not some "witty" sarcasm. Whose side are you people on ?

That response did not come from TenantNet. Look at the "posted by" line. This is an open message board and we try to allow a wide range of opinions, even if we disagree. To some extent, you are exceeding your responsibility as a tenant, paying for things that are clearly the obligation of the owner. For the noise, heat, etc., many states have a statutory (or implied) "warranty of habitability" in the lease, either stated or implied. The lawyer can tell you. If the owner breaks the contract by not fulfilling his obligation, it gives you cause to withhold rent or move. But do your homework on this one.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name