Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MELROSE HOUSES - BRONX (NOTICES)

Posted by Patrick on November 23, 1998 at 22:14:57:

In Reply to: MELROSE HOUSES - BRONX (NOTICES) posted by Tracey Taylor on November 23, 1998 at 17:40:45:

Being a Tenant still waiting after 10 years for low income housing (projects), I feel these people should make space for other people to move into. Not everyone benifits from this program, because I feel these people are greedy. I think the program was to help low income families improve their living conditions until they could either afford to move out or support them while they are below the poverty level. These are buildings for families with low income, not life time occupancy. I know people in my kneighborhood that takes advantage of this. One person occupying either a two bedroom or three bedroom apartment, while families of four or five (not living in projects) occupy a one bedroom (me included) or two bedrooms. It's not fair. They should move for the sake of other people. How dare they keep a room for visitors. They can find something in their kneighborhood.

I ask for myself and my family, please give me your apartment so that I could raise my childern in the same fasion you raised yours. I make very little money and the rent I pay to my landlord is ridiculously high. I can't afford new cloths or the luxury of privacy, because of the lack of available low income housing (projects). Living there 15 or 20 years is not a good enough reason for you stay in an obvious big apartment. I don't think that's a logical claim.

I have nothing, I move every two years, because of financial problems (I pay the rent, with market rates and landlords are don't improve the apartments or make necessary repairs as needed. Heat is a major problem with these Assh#les).

If people just accept the fact taht they raised their families and it's time to move to smaller spaces, maybe there could be some kind of rotation for families with low income.

: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;

: THERE ARE TEANETS WHO ARE BEING ASKED TO MOVE OUT OF THEIR APARTMENTS BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE CHILDREN IN THEIR APARTMENT. THEY HAVE 2 BEDROOM APARTMENTS AND HAVE LIVED IN THEM ANYWHERE FROM 20 OR MORE YEARS. THEY ARE ASKED TO MOVE TO A SMALLER APARTMENT OR MOVE OUT. SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO OR THEY HAVE GRANDCHILDREN THAT COME TO VISIT.

: WHAT I'M ASKING IS CAN HOUSING MAKE THESE PEOPLE MOVE OUT OF THEIR APARTMENTS? IS IT THE LAW? WHAT CAN THEY DO?

: CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY SOON. THANK YOU.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name