Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Notice of Lease Violation

Posted by Lilly Thall on November 13, 1998 at 21:55:01:

In Reply to: Notice of Lease Violation posted by Chandra on November 09, 1998 at 15:31:15:

: Dear TenantNet:
: Could you please give me some direction on the "Notice of Lease Violation" (Dallas, TX) that I received on November 3, 1998. This memo was placed on my door when I came home from work. It states that I have made the following violation of my lease which states has been reported or discovered: "Littered patio", the explanation reads; remove ladder and mop. The problem that I have with this is. 1) I've lived at this property, in the same apartment for 9 years, this particular Management Company (Merit) has been here for 2-2 1/2 years. The mop and ladder have been in the same place for 9 years. 2) We do not have any storage space whats so ever, in my hallway (when entering) is a closet for coats, umbrella's, etc. I would suppose it's the legal, normal size, which is barely big enough for the coats and umbrella's, it certainly couldn't accommodate a ladder and a mop as well. Then the notice also states that I need to take the necessary action to correct the foregoing problem immediately. If I fail to make the necessary corrections on a timely basis, it will require additional action as outlined in the TAA Lease contract. 3) I did not see this particular item, section stated in my Lease Agreement.
: My question is, what is the worst that can happen if I do not remove my ladder and mop from my patio?? Is this a legal violation?? Your expertise help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know Texas law, but it sounds like they will take action if you don't comply. The "TAA" could
be Texas Arbitration Assoc. or something like that. See if that's mentioned
in your lease. A "littered" patio is subjective. You may have rights to
use your patio as you wish and keep things on it. (i.e., storage). Make sure
it is not unsightly, maybe covered by a tarp. Also sounds like someone
has complained about you or they are trying to give you a hard time. That
they are a relatively new management doesn't matter.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name